Skaptopara Residence Halls of the American University in Bulgaria
The Skaptopara Residence Halls are conveniently located next door to the New Academic Building and the Library, and at a 10 min. walking distance across the city center from the Main Building. The Residence halls can accommodate up to 900 people in double or triple rooms with private bathrooms. Payphones are available in the lobbies.
Skaptopara Residence Halls offer to our conference guests:
- Day and night security service
- Computer labs with Internet access
- Self service cafe with refreshments and snacks
- Backyard with well kept lawn and benches, suitable for open air parties
- Spacious lobbies with TV sets and comfortable sofas
- Cozy lounges on each floor
- Accessible for disabled people
The Skaptopara Residence Halls are available for accommodation of conference participants only in the summer months, during the student vacation from May 20 to August 20.
We offer our in-kind assistance for suitable arrangements and reservations with local hotels, located at 10 to 15 min walking distance from the American University in Bulgaria. The prices vary from moderate to more expensive depending on the standard of the hotel.
Catering and Transportation Services
We offer catering services for protocol events such as coffee breaks, cocktails and banquets, as well as served or self served meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our conference guests have always been pleased with the vegetarian or non-vegetarian specialities prepared by the AUBG culinary team.
We are pleased to offer our special transportation services, which include:
- Receive and process all arrival/departure information
- Sofia airport-Blagoevgrad-Sofia airport transfers
- Arrangements for buses, vans and cars for conference needs
- Transportation for sightseeing trips
Sightseeing, Entertainment, Cultural Events
Plan a day or an afternoon trip and spend unforgettable time at one of the following tourist attractions in Southwest Bulgaria, which are approximately within an hour drive from the conference venue. A comfortable bus and an English-speaking tour guide will make you relax and get well acquainted with some of Bulgaria’s treasures.
- The 10 century old Rila Monastery, included in the UNESCO List of World Heritage
- The picturesque town of Melnik, famous for its architecture, sandstone pyramids and red wine
- The ski resort and museum town of Bansko
- Pre-conference and post-conference trips to further destinations in Bulgaria such as the ancient town of Plovdiv, the old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo, or the Black Sea cost
Blagoevgrad itself has a lot to offer to its guests – an opera house, cinema halls, a historical museum, art galleries, and numerous cozy cafes and eat-out places. Recreational facilities such as tennis courts, a baseball field, fitness halls for men and women, swimming pools and a jogging path along the Bisritza river are available to the city guests for sports and leisure times.
Our special free of charge services include:
- A night in the town, sample the Blagoevgrad nightlife
- Tour of the town